Friday, April 15, 2011

journey 9 do 11

Journey 9 do 11….. 2009-2011 (Part I – First Year)

It all started back in 2008, when I very proudly graduated with a Science degree from Himachal Pradesh University. I still remember our last exam and the day our results were declared. Yes, shockingly but with good percentage (as per HPUs marking strategy:-p) all of us, from our batch graduated. Sitting on the staircase of Science Block I and Swati were wondering “what next”, just when one of my friend came with a M.Sc. prospectus of some college. I had plans for MBA since my last year of graduation, but nothing seemed to be on papers yet :D .

A month later I went to Chandigarh for MBA coaching. Let’s skip to the next part fast. Having cleared all the entrance exams well enough; I selected Asia Pacific Institute of Management, New Delhi as an institute to be a management graduate from. That’s when this Journey entitled 9 do 11 started.

March, 2009
Orkutting was at its peak those days, creating communities, having discussion forums, adding friends were the addictions at that time. That is when I joined AIM – PGDM 09-11 community created by a few students who had enrolled for the course. I belonged to PGDM – International Business batch and could hardly find anyone from that batch in the community. So, I made a few very good pals like Pulkit Tyagi – the guitarist, Shuchi Vaish – an engineer, Tavleen Virmani – still pursuing her graduation, Prateek Nayal – a mechanical engineer, Avinash Khanduri – mowgli, Gaurav Oberoi – the community owner, Devkant Rath – An IBIAN, Sanjeev (sorry your last name is very long :-p) – an IBIAN, etc. (sorry if someone’s name is not there in the list, you all are still there in my mind :D). These are the people who need a special mention because they are the ones who are still standing with me and are a part of my friend circle.

June 13, 2009
The evening I left Nahan – Himachal Pradesh with an idea of being a successful MBA :-p. My mumma and papa accompanied me to Delhi and on June 14, 2009 I shifted with Shuchi Vaish (my rumie) in B-234, Sarita Vihar. I remember I cried just like that kid of Taare Zameen Par, the only difference between the two of us was that I wasn’t suffering from Dyslexia. I felt I have been left all alone. The next day went very boring and dull as we belonged to the specialization batch, so we had our induction on June 16, 2009.

June 16, 2009
I met all these virtual people and had a very good interaction. The faith we had in each other for months was evident from the smiles on our faces as if we have met a long lost friend. Pulkit and I had been a subject of discussion for all the people who had joined the community, and I guess that’s what made us ‘Best Friends’ for life. He has been a friend I could totally depend on or could blindly trust. Our egos did clash many a times and we have fought in these two years but still whenever we confronted each other we had the best relationship of all.

In evening whole of the “orkut party” used to be in H-Pocket, that is when Shobhna Gautam, Avinash Khanduri and Tavleen Virmani were found running like dogs in the H – Pocket Market. We would have definitely killed each other then.. :-p, but thankfully we are still alive to cherish those moments.
Those early days of induction I used to think that I should change my specialization, because all my friends were in other specializations.

July, 2009
The classes for specialization started, and the first person I talked to in IB was Anuj Batham aka Badam, after I made lot friends in the initial days of our classes and in no time whole IB batch became like a family away from home. We had Father Teressa – Sumit Mamtani, Mumma of whole batch – Prasanna Srivats (bhabhiji for some), our very own Gopal Pathak – Mukul Dua, Himachali Classmate – Sumit Dogra, Admirer of Pink (Pinky) – Deepika Gulati, Etawah ki Gundi  - Neha Mishra, Calligrapher – Gagan Anand, Phuljhadi – Sahisi Tiwari, Photographer – Devkant Rath, Dhiru Bhai Ambani’ s follower – Fahim Sheikh, Bunkuwalas – Aadhar Shukla & Nishtha Singh, Advisor – Megha Bhatnagar, The Punjabi and  Bengali Gang, etc.

The memories of watching hangover, 2012, atithi tum kab jaoge (yuck), Band Baajaa Baaraat, the industrial visits to Sportsline and Parle – G, the trip to Red Fort and Chandani Chowk, all mark the events that made us closer to each other and made the parting so difficult for us.

February, 2010
Video Presentation for Consumer Behavior – Dev and group’s video: wo Fenny ki ek jhalak pe ooooooooooooooooooooo chillana, Mamti and group’s video: BTW ka wo round and unn sabka full talli hoke aana; finally asking me to summarize the video; the song ‘satisfaction’ in our video; making it an awesome party experience and winning the best video recognition J, HP and Group’s video: “kahin ki eit (brick) kahin ka roda, bhanumati ne kunba joda” the bits and pieces from various videos resulted in the best video.
E-Cell Paisa Builder Competition, we sold roses and chocolates in and around college. Cant forget the marketing techniques we used… :P

March, 2010
Our annual college fest – Indradhanush, how could I forget the models of IB walking down the ramp :-p, here I cant miss to mention the ooooooohhhhhlalaaaaa walk of Ms. Neha Mishra – she was really looking (okay leave it) :D, Father Teresaa and Aadhar Shukla finding it hard to teach their partners :-p.  

My anchoring for solo song competition – a forced effort of Pulkit Tyagi and Megha Bhatnagar to embarrass me in public :p. Dev D’s song , the blast on second day of fest.

Holi celebration on my birthday with cake replacing colors is one day that I can never forget. The most horrible pictures were taken on that day.

That’s when we all parted for our summer internship break from April to June, 2010 just to have  a break from each other  :-p
The second year of this journey….To Be Continued…. 

2 comments:

  1. Eagerly waiting for it..... u are developing a v good art..proud of u...it's quite inspiring...

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ anuj:
    thanku badam...widot u ppl dis journey wudnt hav been possible at ol... :)

    ReplyDelete